KDSS (Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System)
KDSS vs non-KDSS will spur endless debate. To sum it up, if you are not interested in long travel, KDSS will give you superior on and off road handling. If you are interested in long travel, removal of non-KDSS sway bars is simpler.
- There are no aftermarket lower control arm options.
- KDSS does not provide enough articulation to take complete advantage of an extended travel coilover system or a rear long travel system.
- Not all skid plate and slider options will fit (vendors do have KDSS-compatible options; you just have to be careful).
- Spare tires larger than 265/70R17 or 255/75R17 will likely not fit in the stock location, and those sizes may require assistance with a floor jack to persuade into place.
- KDSS failure, while typically infrequent, will prompt an expensive repair. This would, however, create a perfect excuse to remove KDSS and upgrade to long travel suspension.
- Ridiculously large sway bars. This means a KDSS-equipped GX will corner much flatter than it has any business doing.
- Increased articulation off road. A KDSS-equipped GX will have approximately four inches more suspension travel than a non-KDSS GX (with swaybars).
Watch this for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb7B6h_CNyU